Batch ERMiT interface spreadsheet
Download Batch ERMiT interface spreadsheet
This Microsoft Excel spreadsheet is receiving an ongoing review.
Please give us any feedback you have.
This spreadsheet is designed to make running multiple ERMiT scenarios much more efficient.
The spreadsheet interface is downloaded and run on one's PC, but the ERMiT model runs are on our server.
- Microsoft Excel version 97-2003 or newer to run the spreadsheet on your PC
- A connection to the Internet, with a (relatively) static IP address, to run the ERMiT model on the Forest Service server
- The Hillslope Delineation Toolbox,
an ArcInfo .tbx file that one downloads and installs on one's PC.
It can assist in collecting input values for the Disturbed WEPP Batch or Batch ERMiT interface spreadsheets.
Upon loading the Batch ERMiT interface spreadsheet, you may need to actively allow the Macros to run.
- Excel 2010
- Open the spreadsheet and click "Enable Editing" if displayed.
- Click on "Enable Content" if displayed.
- If the Macros spreadsheet page does not disappear
- Click File
- Click Options
- Click Trust Center
- Click Trust Center Settings
- Select Disable all macros with notification
- Click OK
- Click OK
- Close and reopen the Batch Ermit spreadsheet. Steps 1. and 2. above will likely be required again.
- Excel 2007 -- follow instructions on the "Enable Macros" page in the spreadsheet
By default Excel blocks all macros.
The following instructions show how to change the macro settings to allow for macro notification and enabling.
Steps a-d need to be done only once.
Steps e and f will have to be done every time the Batch ERMiT spreadsheet is opened.
- Click on the Office button in the upper left hand corner of the Excel window.
- In the pop-up menu that appears, click on Excel Options at the bottom right of the menu.
- In the window that appears, click on Trust Center from the left side list
- Click Trust Center Settings.
- In the window that appears select the Disable all macros with notification option
- Click OK
- Close the Batch ERMiT spreadsheet and re-open it.
Upon re-opening you will see a security warning across the top of the spreadsheet window.
Click on Options.
- In the Microsoft Office Security Options window that appears,
select the Enable this content option.
- Click OK
- Excel 2003 -- follow instructions on the "Enable Macros" page in the spreadsheet:
Close and re-open the spreadsheet file.
Upon re-opening the file, a security warning will appear.
Click on Enable
Send us comments, or (unofficially) register as a user.
Check this webpage frequently to watch for updates and hints as we get more experience with this interface spreadsheet.
- View –> Full Screen to display (more of) the entry fields
(right-click on spreadsheet border and Restore to get menus back)
- Use the zoom tool
- Hillslope horizontal length limit is 1,000 feet (300 meters) in the interface
- Keep a clean version of the interface spreadsheet, and make a copy for each project –
save it under a different name before running the batch, and again after to save the results.